MAUI, Hawaii – Oct. 1, 2018 – Retailers, chefs, food distributors, beef companies and family farmers take pride in delivering great-tasting beef to consumers. In honor of their dedication to excellence, the Certified Angus Beef ® brand recognized retail leaders for product quality, marketing and sales. The awards were presented at the brand’s Annual Conference, held in Maui Sept. 26-28, where partners celebrated the brand’s 40th anniversary, and explored merchandising and marketing solutions to satisfy growing demand for premium beef.
“The Certified Angus Beef ® brand is a conduit for bringing quality-minded people together to foster relationships that build trust,” President John Stika said, as he reflected on the brand’s first 40 years and signaled its promising future. “It’s a testament to the dedication and commitment of our partners, and speaks volumes to the importance of quality to consumers around the world.”
- Reasor’s, Tulsa, Okla., was named the Retailer of the Year. For nearly 30 years, Reasor’s has been offering Certified Angus Beef ® brand cuts and later introduced Certified Angus Beef ® brand Prime. Some stores also offer dry-aged beef for flavor characteristic of fine steakhouses. Reasor’s featured the beef in weekly promotions and the summer grilling campaign. Freshly trained meat managers guide customers in product selections and provide cooking tips, leading Reasor’s to earn a Top Five Sales Volume Small Chain Retailer award, as well.
- Meijer, Grand Rapids, Mich., earned the Large Retail Chain Marketer of the Year award. Meijer offers the top-quality beef in weekly circulars and on social channels. Meal ideas are shared with bloggers and consumers at events, through holiday roast promotions, and deli meat and frozen burger promotions, year-round. Through extensive training of its meat staff, Meijer helps customers enjoy great-tasting beef, which earned the Top Sales Volume Large Chain Retailer award, as well.
- Foodland Super Markets, Honolulu, was named the Small Retail Chain Marketer of the Year. Foodland helps shoppers serve the best beef, providing meal suggestions on television and radio, and in weekly sales flyers. For the chain’s 70th anniversary, and 10th year offering the brand, stores featured beef cuts for 70 consecutive days. In-store meat butchers recommend their favorite beef cuts on social media and with customers at the meat case. Foodland served as a host to conference guests in Maui, with Chef Keoni Chang preparing lunch for retailers from around the world.
- Roche Brothers, Wellesley Hills, Mass., received the Retail Brand Extension Marketer of the Year award. Roche Brothers introduced Certified Angus Beef ® brand Prime steaks and burgers, adding to its long-time expertise in offering the best Angus beef in the market. Store signage, tailgating ideas and holiday roast promotions gave customers more reasons to turn to Roche Brothers at mealtime.
- DeMoulas Market Basket, Tewksbury, Mass., was recognized with the Retail Value-added Products Marketer of the Year award. DeMoulas’ stores introduced marinated steak tips and fresh corned beef to claim this honor. The retailer also added the brand’s Natural steaks, burgers and ground beef to its meat cases. Additionally, the team renewed its commitment to quality through training.
- Piggly Wiggly JTM, Phenix City, Ala., was named the Retail Rising Star.
Additionally, these retailers and distributors received honors for leading Certified Angus Beef ® brand product sales for the year:
- HEB – Mexico, in Escobedo, Nuevo Leon – Top Sales Volume Small Chain Retailer
- Weis Markets, Sunbury, Pa. – Top Retail Sales Volume Increase
- Cermak Fresh Market, Chicago, Ill. – Top Retail Average Volume Per Store with More than 10 Stores
- Crest Fresh Market, Edmond, Okla. – Top Retail Average Volume Per Store with Less than 10 Stores
- DeKalb Farmers Market, Decatur, Ga. – Top Sales Volume Single Store Retailer
- Amigos Foods, Chicago – Top Sales Volume Retail Distributor
- Topco Associates, Elk Grove Village, Ill. – Top Sales Volume Cooperative
About the Certified Angus Beef ® brand
Founded in 1978, the Certified Angus Beef ® brand is the original, and the best, brand of Angus beef, which began when a group of family ranchers set out to create a brand of beef that delivers superior taste and tenderness. Today, the Certified Angus Beef ® brand remains true to its roots, providing consumers worldwide with superior beef through a gate-to-plate network of family ranchers, retailers and chefs. Renowned for its exceptional quality, each cut meets 10 exacting standards to make it more selective than USDA Choice and Prime. For more information, visit CertifiedAngusBeef.com, or look for the brand on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.