Certified Angus Beef ® brand marks 40 years by recognizing beef quality leader
MAUI, Hawaii – Oct. 1, 2018 – Chefs, retailers, food distributors, beef processors and family farmers take pride in delivering great-tasting beef to consumers. In honor of their dedication to excellence, the Certified Angus Beef ® brand recognized beef processors for leadership in product quality, marketing and sales. The awards were presented at the brand’s Annual Conference, held in Maui Sept. 26-28, where partners celebrated the brand’s 40th anniversary, and explored merchandising and marketing solutions to satisfy growing demand for premium beef.
“The Certified Angus Beef ® brand is a conduit for bringing quality-minded people together to foster relationships that build trust,” President John Stika said, as he reflected on the brand’s first 40 years and signaled its promising future. “It’s a testament to the dedication and commitment of our partners, and speaks volumes to the importance of quality to consumers around the world.”
- National Beef Packing, Kansas City, Mo., was named the Packer Marketer of the Year. The company invested in video, print and digital resources to promote a full line of Certified Angus Beef ® brand product offerings and mark 35 years of offering the branded beef. National Beef also earned the Fabricator Proficiency Award for marketing the most cuts from each side of beef meeting the brand’s quality standards. The company’s location in Dodge City, Kan., was named the Top Sales Volume Fabricator, and with the Liberal, Kan., location, both earned Five Million Head Certified awards.
- Cargill Meat Solutions, Wichita, Kan., received the Golden Box award, recognizing the team’s precise product uniformity and elevating the overall customer experience with the Certified Angus Beef ® brand. Cargill also took the lead in Certified Angus Beef ® brand product sales in the global market, earning the Top Sales Volume International Packer award for the 10th consecutive year. Cargill in Dodge City, Kan., earned a Three Million Head Certified award for the number of beef sides meeting the brand’s high standards since the plant first began offering the products.
- JBS USA, Greeley, Colo., was named the International Packer Marketer of the Year. Through focus on marketing and customer service, JBS supported retailers, foodservice distributors and restaurants in key markets. JBS in Grand Island, Neb., earned a Four Million Head Certified award.
- Tyson Fresh Meat, based in Dakota Dunes, S.D., received a Top Five Sales Volume Fabricator award at the Dakota City, Neb., location, which marked its 25th year offering the brand. Growth primarily came from ground beef sales and leadership as the top supplier of Certified Angus Beef ® brand Prime. Tyson in Pasco, Wash., earned a One Million Head Certified award.
- John Soules Foods, Tyler, Texas, was recognized as the Value-added Products Processor of the Year. The company offers 10 Certified Angus Beef ® brand items, including fully cooked, ready-to-shred brisket. John Soules Foods’ creativity brings innovation to fresh and frozen beef cuts for retailers and restaurateurs, helping to earn the Top Sales Volume Processor award, as well.
- Wolverine Packing Co., Detroit, Mich., received the Top Sales Volume Ground Beef Processor award. Wolverine Packing delivers fresh ground beef and burgers, as well as frozen burgers, to restaurants nationwide. Products include the brand’s Prime and Natural burgers and ground beef, allowing quality-focused restaurants to offer distinctive quality.
- Quirch Foods Co. and Affiliates, Miami, was named the Export Marketer of the Year. Quirch Foods features the brand year-round in 17 countries from the Caribbean to Latin America and keeps Certified Angus Beef ® brand cuts top of mind with retail stores and restaurants in the region. Focus on the brand at food shows also helped the company earn Top Sales Volume Exporter.
About the Certified Angus Beef ® brand
Founded in 1978, the Certified Angus Beef ® brand is the original, and the best, brand of Angus beef, which began when a group of family ranchers set out to create a brand of beef that delivers superior taste and tenderness. Today, the Certified Angus Beef ® brand remains true to its roots, providing consumers worldwide with superior beef through a gate-to-plate network of family ranchers, retailers and chefs. Renowned for its exceptional quality, each cut meets 10 exacting standards to make it more selective than USDA Choice and Prime. For more information, visit CertifiedAngusBeef.com, or look for the brand on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.